Friday, August 13, 2010

Books or Movies


Whenever I go to see a movie that was based on a book, inevitably I come out shaking my head, thinking to myself (or sometimes out loud, much to Will's displeasure), "that was pretty good, but the book was so much better."

Are books better than the movies they are based on? Why or why not? Have you ever been to a movie that you thought was better than the book? Give some specific examples!

3 comments:

  1. REMINDER: Don't forget to constantly check for new responses on previous blogs. It is good to keep the conversations going by responding to other comments. For example, Historyguy99- you have been challenged to add comments about your book "Bud, Not Buddy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of my favorite books have been made into movies (I must have good taste). Some that come to mind as being both better and worse as movies are the Harry Potter Series and the Twilight Series.

    Let's start with Harry Potter- the first movie was absolute magic for me. They brought to life the world of Harry Potter- from Quidditch, to the Hogwarts Express, and it did a great job casting the characters. The second movie was not quite as good. It seemed to have lost some of its magic. The 3rd movie was downright disappointing, probably because it was one of my favorite books and there were so many key parts that I felt were left out. Then there was the 4th movie. I absolutely loved the forth movie (maybe because of Cedric Diggory aka Robert Pattinson aka Edward. Enough said)! In all seriousness, the screen writers and directors did an amazing job keeping the forth movie true to book 4 and the effects, scenery and music were fantastic. I think, but can't even remember clearly, that the 5th movie was pretty close to the book. In fact, I didn't particularly love book 5, so this might be a case were I liked the movie better than the book. The 6th movie was excellent as well, and now I am excited for the 7th to come out in November. The trailer already looks promising. I even think I am happy that they are breaking it into 2 movies. As annoying as it will be to wait 6 months for the second to come out, I think the book is so long they needed to break it up to get everything in.

    As for the Twilight movies- the books are BY FAR better, but the movies do give some lovely visuals

    ReplyDelete